Wednesday, March 14, 2007

God is Trustworthy

I assisted in officiating a funeral yesterday for a great man who had just turned 40 before he past away. He died from cancer. I officiate a lot of funerals (20 in 2006), and they all bother me, but this one really hit me.

This man was a police officer, with a wonderful wife, and three young children, and I never heard a derogatory word come out of his mouth when I would visit him in the hospital. He loved life, and he loved his family. As I was speaking to those in attendance at his funeral, I looked over to his wife and children who were crying, and made the statement that "God is Trustworthy". "We can trust Him with our lives and the lives of our loved ones", and this got me to thinking.

Everyday is a gift and every moment is precious. We do not know how long we have on this side of eternity, so we should strive to make each day count. I have a tendency to "sweat the small stuff" too much and I need to stop complaining so much.

Death was not God's original plan, but entered the world when Adam sinned. Now the second we are born, we begin to die. It's hard to understand sometimes, and I have to admit, I battle these thoughts sometimes.

God is Trustworthy, and He loves us.

4 Comments:

At 6:26 PM, Blogger Gered Lambert said...

Welcome! Looking forward to hearing your heart. Can't wait!!

Lamberts
Jada
Brandi
Gered

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That will preach brother! So glad to hear such truth-

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brother,
Thank you for your "encouragement", you always seems to have the perfect words. I mean that Bro. Ken. Thank you and may the Lord bless you abundantly.

Nat

 
At 6:04 AM, Blogger The Maggio Family said...

Yor words ring true, God does not want us to worry about the little things. Life is too precious to waste. Thank you for always speaking truth into my life brother.
-Jeff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home